1. A. Articulate- Using language easily or fluently.
B. If you take spanish class, or french you will one day articulate in those languages.
In the picture the red man is articulating to someone.
2. A. Communicate- to make known.
B. I tried to communicate with my mom, but she didn't listen.
C. In this picture the blue and green men are communicating or talking about something.
3. A. Evolve- To develop.
B. The class room evolved over the years, and so did the kids in them.
C. In this picture it shows the evolution of phones.
4. A. Meticulous- Caring
B. I am Meticulous to my siblings, and my neice.
C. In this photo it is showing how careful and meticulous this man must be to cut all the grass evenly.
5. A. Agile- Flexible
B. teachers are not very agile in homework due dates, so it must be on time.
C. This picture shows the agile Lifecycle.
6. A. Argument- a disagreement between 1 or more people.
B. Although I tried to explain my side of the argument, My mom didn't give in.
C. These men are arguing about this optical illusion being seen different by looking at it different ways.
7. A. Cite- To give proof or to quote.
B. When you want to give a fact you may have to cite the answer, but if you already know it you don’t have to cite it.
C. This person cited answers to put in his text.
.8 A. passive voice- the subject receives action of the verb.
B. My friend threw the baseball, and I got hurt by the baseball which is an example of passive voice.
This picture shows that they took the mcDonald's slogan and turned it into passive voice
9. A. Personification- giving human like qualities to anything that's not a human.
B. I had to do a literature project , so i wrote about personification.
The candle can not really dance so it uses personification.
10. A. Point of View- And opinion,attitude, or judgement.
B. I have different points of view then my brother, but we still get along.
The king sees the people differently than the people see the king sice he is higher an can see more so they have different points of view.
11. A. Hypotenuse- ( noun) - The side of a right triangle opposite the right angle.
B. An example of hypotenuse would be if the height is 5 and the base is 12 what is the width, or if the base is 5 and the height is 15 then what is the width.
C. Here is an example of hypotenuse.
12. A. Converse- ( verb ) - To exchange opinions.
B. I had to converse with the people at my table, for Math.
C. The two men are conversing there opinions on the topic.
13. A. Irrational Numbers- ( noun ) - A number that is not a ratio of two integers.
B. Pie is a decimal that repeats, so its a irrational number.
C. This image shows pie which is an irrational number.
14. A. Rational Numbers- ( noun ) - A number that can be a fraction.
B. 2 over four is a fraction, so it is an rational number.
C. This is an image of a fraction which is an rational number.
15. A. Square Root- ( noun ) - A quantity in which the given quantity is a square.
B. We already know square root, so we can use it this year.
C. This is the symbol for square root.
16. A. Elastic potential Energy- energy stored in any object or material that is bent, stretched, or compressed.
B. When the rubber band gets stretched out it has E.P.E,if you put the rubber band down it does not have any E.P.E.
C. In this image this person is stretching this rubber band to give it elastic potential energy.
17. A. Newton- the unit in the metric system used to measure force.
B. Newtons can label the amount of a force , but in the metric system it is joules.
C. In this image if the book is getting pushed with 18 newtons and friction is pushing back 20 newtons the book will move back 2 newtons.
18. A. Force field- an area around an object where an object can influence another object with out touching it. A magnetic field is an example of this.
B. Strong forcefields do not exist, but they might some day in the future.
C. In this image it shows what most people think of when they think of force fields around objects like planets, but they do not exist only a small magnetic field has so far been made.
19. A. Inertia- how hard it is to get something moving, stop a moving object, or change the direction of a moving object.
B. Inertia is shown when you set a quarter on a thick card over a glass of water and flick the card the quarter will stay at rest and fall in the cup when the card flies away, so if you did not have inertia the quarter would go flying along with the card.
C. In this image it shows the coin using inertia and staying at rest instead of flying with the card.
20.A. Normal force - a equal but opposite force that pushes back when you stand, sit, or push on a surface so you do not sink through that surface.
B. Normal force is an uncommon force, so people don't know much about it.
C. Normal force pushes up perpendicular to the object as shown in this image.
21. A. Accept- to take or receive something.
B. When I accepted the apologie, I felt better inside.
C. In the image the woman is accepting the proposal fro marriage.
22. A. except- Excluding.
B. Although all my siblings were invited to my party except my brother, I still let him come.
C. This image is saying that a person can not smoke unless they are in a designated smoking area.
23. A. Affect- to act on.
B. You can have an affect on someone, until you hurt them.
C. The affect is the lightning struck the tree.
24. A. Effect- The result of an action
B. Before the Effect, is the cause.
C. The effect is the tree is dead.
25. A. Principle- The basis of something.
B. By one count, rice is the principle source of calories for about half the planet.
C. You have to have principle and leadership
26.A. Allusion- reference to a noun.
B. I can make a reference or allusion to a noun, but I would have to think of one first.
C. This image makes a reference to the Wizard of Oz.
27. A. Onomatopoeia - sounds.
B. Boom and crash are sounds, so they are an example of onomatopoeia.
C. In this picture Achoo is a sound so it is an onomatopoeia.
28.A. Alliteration- the repetition of the same letter.
B. Donald's duck went down to the dock to swim. In this sentence the letter D is repeated, so it is an alliteration.
C. In this alliteration the letter P is being repeated.
29.A. Irony- A meaning that is opposite of its literal meaning.
30. A. figurative-Language that cannot be taken literally since it was written to create a special effect or feeling.
B. I can use figurative language, so I can write good paragraphs.